Monday, December 15, 2008

Droughts, Rain? Dry, Wet? Sun, Gloom? Who Really Cares?


Droughts were most common away from the Mediterranean coastline. The least popular place for droughts was Alexandria. And no, this was not a person that always had plenty of water. It is, however, the most common place for rain in Egypt. It can get up to 17 in. of rain in a year! That may not seem like a lot to you and me, but for the Egyptians, that was like Heaven. Anyway, back to the topic, the farther away you get from the coastline the less rain you get. This is because the coast line has water so it is able to rain there. The farther away you get, the less water there is. So, less rain. You can thank the desert for that. And you can thank me for telling you to thank the desert. Just kidding, you don't have to. Unless you really want to. 'Cause I'm pretty sure that the desert WILL survive! Even if you don't think so. The river will wash away its tears and then everybody'll forget that this ever happened. Okay?

1 comment:

  1. First off, thanks for telling me to thank the desert! :) Anyway, I didn't know that droughts were so common! Well you know what they say: You learn something new every day! And this post taught me like a million things! I don't really know how much rain 17 inches is, but I bet it was a TON for Egyptians!

    ReplyDelete